Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time for Praise


So my last few blogs have been, well, serious to say the least. I get more depressed every time I read them. I have been realizing that while there may be some things in my life that are tough, there are many, many more things that should give me great cause for joy. Here are some of them:




The top picture shows Jeffy right after he was diagnosed with metopic craniosynostosis, an early fusing of the front of the skull. The middle shows him two days after his major surgery to fix it. The bottom shows his recently...beautiful, his scar hidden by his hair. Praise the Lord!


Miss Kadee Joy has recently started ballet. I praise God for her beauty, her gifts, her abilities, and for the patient and loving way she treats her brother Andrew. I also praise the Lord for the affectionate and fun relationship she and I have.

I am so grateful for where my marriage is. God has been so incredibly faithful to Chris and I. He has given me a gift in the man that I married. He is a wonderful father, and incredibly caring husband, and full of so many wonderful qualities that I keep finding more and more of the longer we are married. Neither of us is or has been anywhere near perfect, but God has been gracious in taking us both at our lowest and darkest points, and growing our marriage while growing us.


And of course, the ever popular subject of my blog, my Andrew. I praise the Lord for where he is now compared to where he was a year ago. He speaks a few words. He calls me Mama. He calls Chris Daddy. He calls Kadee Joy Sissy. He calls Jeffy baby. He will tell people hello without prompting. He has eaten meat. His attention span is longer. And he can tell me that he loves me.

He IS making progress. And Lord, I AM thankful for that.

2 comments:

joy said...

What a beautiful family! We need to get the kids together soon!

Sherry said...

You do have yourself a pretty great family. Great post.

On Being Sexually Assaulted While Having a Seizure, Reporting It, and the Aftermath

I never thought it would happen to me. I certainly never thought it would happen at work. When it happened, I reported it.  Immediately. The...