Sunday, January 4, 2009

Best and Worst of 2008 (with grateful appreciation to Kara Franklin)

Now realize these may have come out years before...I just didn't experience them or really get into them until 2008

  • Book(s) - Best: The Harry Potter Series. I'd never read a single one before this summer, and then read them all in a matter of two weeks. Don't judge them until you've read them! Worst: The Children of Hurin. Awful, depressing. Good writing of course (it's Tolkien), but makes you kind of want to shoot yourself.
  • Movie -Best: The Jane Austen Book Club, Worst: Definitely, Maybe
  • Song - Best: In Christ Alone (worship song), Worst: Probably something I had to teach my kindergartners. Some of their songs are lame-o
  • Memory - This might not be the "best", but having my son go through major surgery. Second honeymoon to Texas would definitely be the best. Worst: Having someone ask my son Andrew point blank if he was stupid and just pretending to be deaf.
  • Something new I've started - Best: publicly blogging and dying my hair. Worst: Spending a lot on getting my hair done
  • Quote - Best:"Waiting is the hardest work of hope." Worst: "You can't help who you love"
  • TV show -Best: The News (I'm a nerd) Worst: Survivor (China)
  • New artist - I'm more into old artists. :) But I do like my artist at Studio D who does my hair :)
  • Presidential vote - Barack Obama
  • Person -Best: My husband, Worst: me, at times
  • Place - Best: Corpus Christi, Texas or the Starbucks down the street, Worst: Target...okay it's the best, but I spend so much money there!
  • Something I'm proud of -Making it through the year feeling that I firmly rested on the strength and wisdom of God
  • Something I wish I could go back and do differently-Be more on top of my finances

1 comment:

Sherry said...

i'd have to agree with you on the news...i love the news and really get to know "the newscast"...it's pathetic. I was so excited when I saw one the the fav. weathermen from Denver moved here...embarrassed to recognize him though.

On Being Sexually Assaulted While Having a Seizure, Reporting It, and the Aftermath

I never thought it would happen to me. I certainly never thought it would happen at work. When it happened, I reported it.  Immediately. The...