Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dizzy

I think I may be due for a doctor's appointment. I am so dizzy right now that I can't even stand up. The spells have been coming on fast, and are getting more frequent. It feels like it's a dumb thing to go the doctor for, though. I mean, everyone gets dizzy every once in a while, right?

But the thing is, I've had to take time off work for them, I've had to grab onto furniture to keep from falling, and will oftentimes have to lay down for hours at a time, waiting for the world to stop spinning. I've had at least 10 spells in the last two months...spells serious enough for me to lay down.

Dad lived like this perpetually for the last five years of his life. I can't even imagine.

Here's the difficulty: I don't have a regular doctor. I've been pregnant so much during the last five years that I really didn't need one...my Ob/Gyn was seeing me at least once a month. And last year, when I tried to get into one, they said I might have to wait for a month. And that's when I had a herniated disc! I can't imagine them wanting to get me in sooner for a few dizzy spells.

But, I know that while it could be no big deal, it could also be kind of serious. So if you have any suggestions on who I should go see, or better yet who would actually be able to get me in, please let me know. Because the spells aren't getting any better, and I think it may be time to find out if there's more to the story.

In the meantime, I shall lay down, and wait for the world to get back to it's normal non-moving (at least from our perspective) self.

And please pray for me.

No comments:

On Being Sexually Assaulted While Having a Seizure, Reporting It, and the Aftermath

I never thought it would happen to me. I certainly never thought it would happen at work. When it happened, I reported it.  Immediately. The...