Sunday, August 17, 2008

Funny


Turning four years old, Kadee Joy is now old enough to be in a booster seat as opposed to a regular carseat. We thought this would be easier. Apparently we were wrong.


It has been a battle over the last few weeks trying to motivate her to learn how to buckle a normal seatbelt. She could do the five-point carseat without breaking a sweat. The whole putting one large size buckle together is too much for her.


So this morning, trying to get her to realize that she could indeed do it if she tried, we told her many things that were wonderful about herself to get her confidence up. We told her she was such a brave girl who would try anything and that she could try this...we told her she was a smart girl and that she could figure this out. So as the namesake of a true feminist, she retorted through many tears:


"I'm not brave! I'm not smart! I'm just pretty!"

1 comment:

Dee Wirick Davis said...

That's my girl! But she is smart and brave and BEAUTIFUL! Bomma

On Being Sexually Assaulted While Having a Seizure, Reporting It, and the Aftermath

I never thought it would happen to me. I certainly never thought it would happen at work. When it happened, I reported it.  Immediately. The...