Wednesday, February 18, 2009

How quickly

How quickly the clouds roll in.
How quickly the shades are pulled down.
How quickly my eyes are filled with tears.
How quickly the key becomes minor.
How quickly Keats becomes gospel.
How quickly the water rises.
How quickly my eyes are darkened.
How quickly the light is shut out.
How quickly the mind turns.
How quickly the fingers fly.
How quickly the world caves in.
How quickly the silence becomes an invitation.
How quickly black makes sense.
How quickly the cup runs out.
How quickly the strength leaves.
How quickly the questions feel unanswerable.
How quickly the wind feels lonely.
How quickly the blessings are forgotten.
How quickly His Word is left unopened.
How quickly my memory is under shadow.
How quickly the tragic becomes the norm.
How quickly happiness feels irritating.
How quickly the small becomes overwhelming.
How quickly the fuse becomes short.
How quickly answers are no longer searched for.
How quickly Death seems to be the ultimate conqueror.
How quickly faint whispers seem so close.
How quickly the clouds roll in.
How quickly I forget the brightness of the sun.
How quickly.
How quickly indeed.

1 comment:

Dee Wirick Davis said...

How quickly time passes and how quickly life changes. How quickly dad was gone. I can't wait to see him again.

On Being Sexually Assaulted While Having a Seizure, Reporting It, and the Aftermath

I never thought it would happen to me. I certainly never thought it would happen at work. When it happened, I reported it.  Immediately. The...